Today Lager 157 Ski Team arranged a 46 km training competition on roller skis in Liared outside Ulricehamn, Sweden.
The battle for victory was between three of the Pro Teams athletes in Lager 157 Ski Team. Anton Karlsson won one second ahead of Marcus Johansson. Emil Persson was third, seven seconds behind.
“They pushed each other really hard at the uphill towards the finish line. It was fun to see,” says Anton Järnberg, Pro Team Manager, Lager 157 Ski Team.
Yesterday, Lager 157 Ski Team started a training camp in Ulricehamn. Today, a 46 km training competition was on the program.
Anton Karlsson, Marcus Johansson, Emil Persson and Andreas Holmberg formed a leading group. Holmberg then had to let the other go and was just over three minutes behind to the finish.
Marcus Johansson ahead of Anton Karlsson, Emil Persson and Andreas Holmberg. Photo: Fredrik Ljungström.
The battle for victory was really hard the last kilometer up to the finish. Anton Karlsson crossed the finish line a second ahead of Marcus Johansson and Emil Persson was seven seconds down.
“It was fun to see the fight between the three. In the winter, we compete together and help each other. Now it was a hard fight between them,” says Anton Järnberg.
Britta Johansson Norgren got off quickly at the start and Elin Mohlin couldn’t follow. However, Mohlin finished strong and was less than two minutes behind at the finish.
Britta Johansson Norgren just after the start. Photo: Fredrik Ljungström.
The training competition was held in Liared outside Ulricehamn in Marcus Johansson’s home area and 40 athletes participated.
“We had a maximum of 40 participants to start and the race was fully booked in two hours,” says Järnberg.
Before the race, the Lager 157 Ski Team athletes had roller skied 17 kilometers to the start and then rolled the same way back afterward.
Until Thursday, Lager 157 Ski Team will train in the area of Ulricehamn.
“On Tuesday we have an uphill running race. Otherwise, it’s mostly still about basic training,” Järnberg concludes.
A little curiosity. At the training competition, the participants used bibs from Visma Ski Classics and also from Britta Johansson Norgren’s world cup career.
Roller ski training race. August 2.
Liared, Ulricehamn, Sweden
Men's class 46 km:
1. Anton Karlsson, Lager 157 Ski Team, 1: 44: 55
2. Marcus Johansson, Lager 157 Ski Team, +0:01
3. Emil Persson, Lager 157 Ski Team, +0:07
4. Andreas Holmberg, Lager 157 Ski Team, +03:12
5. Tommy Bylund, Göteborgs SK, +06:49
6. Michael Eklöf, Tunafors SK, +07:04
7. Linus Nygren, Ulricehamns IF, +08:43
8. Pierre Hallin, Ulricehamns IF , +08:56
9. Johan Kanto, Göteborgs SK, +09:22
10. Erik Nero, Mullsjö SOK, +10:15
11. Erik Wilelmsson, Lidköpings VSK, +11:07
12. Jakob Mörehed, Vaggeryds SOK, + 11:40
13. Jonas Wikström, Molkoms SK, +11:48
14. Isak Nilsson, Gnosjö, +11:58
15. Stefan Palm, Lager 157 Ski Team, +12:05
Women's class 46 km:
1. Britta Johansson Norgren, Lager 157 Ski Team, 2:01:54
2. Elin Mohlin, Lager 157 Ski Team, + 01:38
3. Karolina Hedenström, Lager 157 Ski Team, + 17:50