Furusjøen Rundt-Rennet is a 45 km long ski race in the beautiful surroundings of the Rondane National Park in Norway, now becoming a Visma Ski Classics Challengers event. The new Challengers concept was launched earlier this year as a common platform in order to connect and promote long-distance skiing events worldwide.
Furusjøen Rundt-Rennet runs in a fantastic terrain on Kvamsfjellet, which is located at the entrance to Rondane National Park, one of Norway's most beautiful mountain areas. Every year approximately 625-820 skiers take part in Furusjøen Rundt-Rennet which has two distances; 45 km and 20 km, both in classic technique. The 45 km is part of Visma Ski Challengers series and also a seeding race for Vasaloppet and Birkebeinerrennet.
"The Furusjøen Rundt ski race becomes Visma Ski Classics Challenger from 2020! This is a great recognition of the quality of Furusjøen Rundt, and we look forward to the cooperation", says Kvam IL and Furusjøen Rundt AS CEO Ole-Petter Brendstuen.
- Event date: 15/02/2020
- Technique: Classic
- Race distance: 45 km
- Registration fee (Euro): 54
- Number of active years: 40
- Number of participants: 625-820
- Place: Kvam, Norway
- Website address: http://www.furusjoenrundt.no/
- Instagram url: https://www.instagram.com/furusjoenrundt.no/?hl=nb
- Facebook url: https://www.facebook.com/FurusjoenRundt/
- Registration website: http://www.furusjoenrundt.no/Rennet/P%C3%A5melding
To see more events of Visma Ski Classics season X go to www.vismaskiclassics.com