Photo by: Frank Haughom
Sesilåmi has a 40 year history as a challenging high mountain race from Setesdal to Sirdal in southern Norway. The race now become part of the new Visma Ski Classics Challengers concept, launched earlier in April this year as a common platform in order to connect and promote long distance skiing events worldwide.
Sesilåmi takes the participants 52km through spectacular landscapes inhabited by wild reindeer. The race have a tough course with its highest point on 1000m above sea level. The weather conditions can sometimes be rough, making Sesilåmi a challenge for the tough ones!
"We are looking forward to cooperate with Visma Ski Classics Challengers. It gives Sesilåmi more publicity and challenges us to make an even better event. We hope for more high-class athletes and welcome people from the ski world to experience Sesilåmi." says Tarald Myrun, Leader of the Sesilåmi Board.
- Event name: Sesilåmi
- Event date: 14.03.2020
- Place: Setesdal to Sirdal, Norway
- Technique: Classic
- Race distance: 52km
- Registration fee (Euro): 91
- Number of active years: 40
- Number of participants: 1200
- Website address: www.sesilami.no
- Instagram url: https://www.instagram.com/sesilami/
- Facebook url: https://www.facebook.com/events/642290856212739/
- Registration website: http://www.sesilami.no/:/sesilami/:/Lisensar_Og_Prisar.html