Who we are
Welcome to www.vismaskiclassics.com, the official website of the long distance ski championships Visma Ski Classics. Visma Ski Classics offers elite skiers in Pro Teams a professional tour consisting of some of the most traditional and prestigious long distance ski events in the world. The events included in the tour are also inviting amateurs and recreational skiers and they are all broadcasted on television around the world. Visma Ski Classics is owned and produced by SC Long Distance Skiing AB.
SC Long Distance Skiing AB
VAT no: SE556901904401
By using this website or otherwise consenting to the data processing terms identified herein, you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. If we make any material changes to the policy, those changes will be posted here so that you are always aware of what personal information is collected, how that information is used and under what circumstances that information may be disclosed. You agree that personal information relating to you may be anonymized and the anonymized data may be used by SC Long Distance Skiing AB and its partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
– Visit our website and our associated platforms PLAY, FANTASY and SHOP;
– Visit our branded social media pages;
– Express an interest in obtaining more information about our services;
– Register to our Pro Team tour;
– Participate in events included in Visma Ski Classics;
– Create user accounts at our platforms PLAY, FANTASY and SHOP, and make purchases at our SHOP;
– Receive communication from us, including emails, newsletters, feedback forms, surveys and mail.
Information we collect
The personal information that we collect directly from you includes the following:
If you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as personal information.
– Log files; We use log files that may include your IP address or proxy server, device and application numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage.
– Opt-in fields; You may opt-in to our newsletter contact list by registering your email address and confirming you subscription. Your email will then be saved and used to provide you with our newsletter until you opt-out.
– Requests; If you express an interest in obtaining additional information, request customer support, use our “Contact Us” or similar features, register to use our website, PLAY, FANTASY or SHOP platforms, sign up our Pro Team tour, or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, team, club, address, phone number, email address or username and password;
– Purchases; If you make purchases via our website (PLAY or SHOP), we may require that you provide to us your financial and billing information, such as billing name and address and credit card information.
Our websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks, the latter may receive information that you have visited our website from your IP address. If you are logged into your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit of our websites with your social media profile.
When you interact with us in social media, such as when you follow Visma Ski Classics or share Visma Ski Classics’s content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from those social networks including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The information we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings.
When you have opted-in to our newsletter we will provide you with the latest news from Visma Ski Classics, our events and partners. You may also receive feedback forms, contest invitations and surveys. The information you may share with us through these requests will be used for statistical purposes and/or to contact you if you are the winner of the contest.
All events included in Visma Ski Classics are broadcasted in television around the world. All participants in the events may be visible in the broadcasted images. The Visma Ski Classics official photographers are capturing the event in video and still images. When you enter an event included in Visma Ski Classics you acknowledge that you may be captured in these photographs, recordings and images. By entering those events you grant us and those authorized by us the free and unfettered right to use such photographs, filming and recording for any purposes it deems reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
How we use the information we collect
– Providing our website: We process your personal information to operate and administer our websites and to provide you with content you request and that we sincerely consider interesting/useful for you;
– Developing and improving our website: We process your personal information to analyze trends and to track your usage of our websites and interactions with our emails to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our websites and providing our users with more relevant and interesting content;
– Managing user registrations: If you have registered for an account with us, we process your personal information by managing your user account for the purpose of delivering the service you have requested;
– Managing payments: If you have provided financial information to us, we process your personal information to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction and deliver the service you have requested;
– Handling contact and user support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Me” web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means, we process your personal information to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
– Managing contests or promotions: If you register for a contest or promotion, we process your personal information to deliver the service you have requested. Some contests or promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will process your personal information;
– Displaying personalized advertisements and content: We process your personal information to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our websites or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent;
– Sending marketing communications: We will process your personal information to send you information about Visma Ski Classics and our partners, marketing information, and offers in our newsletters upon your request;
– Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
– Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
– The information we may receive when you interact with us in social media is dependent upon your accounts’ privacy at that specific social media platform. Please review your privacy settings to confirm what information you are sharing with us.
We also use web beacons on our websites and in email communications. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Such technologies are used to operate and improve our websites and email communications. In newsletters we may include feedback forms, surveys and contests. If you provide us with information upon these requests, we use your information for statistical purposes, to evaluate and improve our services and to select winners in contests.
All recordings including video material and photographs captured at events included in Visma Ski Classics we may use for television, publication, advertising, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
How you can limit our use of this information
– You may opt-out from the collection of device and usage data by managing your cookies at the individual browser level, but choosing to disable cookies may limit your use of certain features or functions on our websites and services.
– You may opt-out from receiving our newsletters either by clicking on the unsubscribe-link directly in the email or by managing the settings in your user account (PLAY, FANTASY and SHOP).
– You may change what information you are sharing with us on social media settings, please review you account’s privacy settings.
– When you are logged in with your user account at PLAY, FANTASY and SHOP, you may delete your account. This will delete all personal information we have on you associated with that user account.
– Further personal information will be removed upon request from you.